• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Tattoo Screening Form Specifics

CeeJayPA

Hello all,

I searched pretty well before posting this, so hopefully no bad blood here, just hoping this can clarify policy for many more than me once answered.

I am near completion of my OCS package and working on rounding up my last appraisals. I have to complete the tattoo appraisal form and have a full tattoo sleeve. Some have told me they were generic on there and up the word sleeve and circled the whole arm, while others told me they measured and listed the content of each tattoo contained in the sleeve. Just want to make sure I don't go overboard with it or "underboard" with it. Any experiences of those selected would be awesome, or any links to specific information. One of the program manager guys sent me an instruction today that mentioned nothing about tattoos and he is a well-known source for help in the community. Sorry if I couldn't find it, but I will be more than appreciative of any help to get this done right.

CEEJAY

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all,

I searched pretty well before posting this, so hopefully no bad blood here, just hoping this can clarify policy for many more than me once answered.

I am near completion of my OCS package and working on rounding up my last appraisals. I have to complete the tattoo appraisal form and have a full tattoo sleeve. Some have told me they were generic on there and up the word sleeve and circled the whole arm, while others told me they measured and listed the content of each tattoo contained in the sleeve. Just want to make sure I don't go overboard with it or "underboard" with it. Any experiences of those selected would be awesome, or any links to specific information. One of the program manager guys sent me an instruction today that mentioned nothing about tattoos and he is a well-known source for help in the community. Sorry if I couldn't find it, but I will be more than appreciative of any help to get this done right.

CEEJAY

Stop nuking this, just fill it out the best you can

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
“Sleeve; 1x Star on elbow (basic), 1x Barbed Wire upper bicep (wrap most of the way around), 2x Chinese characters on tricep (asked for “Courage and Soul”, got “Garage and Soup”), 2x ex-fiancé names, both properly one-lined and initialed, a really unique Oni from a white guy in Cleveland, and “No Ragrets” on my wrist.”

There you go, took care of it for you...
Pickle

swmonroe88

pilot
Stop nuking this, just fill it out the best you can

So to clarify, when I filled out my counselling sheets to document my tattoos while in the Marine Corps (enlisted side, but record entry was the same for E and O) I listed "collection of nautical themed tattoos" and circled my whole arm and that was enough. Is that acceptable for an OCS package or do I need to go into greater depth. When I (rejoined) the USMCR, I had to list what the tattoos meant and why I got them, along with sizes and locations of all, but obviously Navy tattoo regs are substantially more lax. FWIW, the doctor at MEPS made a "no tattoos offensive" note during my physical

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So to clarify, when I filled out my counselling sheets to document my tattoos while in the Marine Corps (enlisted side, but record entry was the same for E and O) I listed "collection of nautical themed tattoos" and circled my whole arm and that was enough. Is that acceptable for an OCS package or do I need to go into greater depth. When I (rejoined) the USMCR, I had to list what the tattoos meant and why I got them, along with sizes and locations of all, but obviously Navy tattoo regs are substantially more lax. FWIW, the doctor at MEPS made a "no tattoos offensive" note during my physical

What did your officer recruiter and/or processor say? They can assist you easily...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
“Sleeve; 1x Star on elbow (basic), 1x Barbed Wire upper bicep (wrap most of the way around), 2x Chinese characters on tricep (asked for “Courage and Soul”, got “Garage and Soup”), 2x ex-fiancé names, both properly one-lined and initialed, a really unique Oni from a white guy in Cleveland, and “No Ragrets” on my wrist.”

There you go, took care of it for you...
Pickle
Hehehe

Also: butterfly located 2-4" above and centered over rectum orifice (tramp stamp above the ass crack makes it sound... ordinary) a neck tat with "___ life" in gothic calligraphy font.