• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Starting date?

mts4602

If I were to apply for the BDCP route as a sophomore or possibly junior. When would OCS likely start for me? Would it be right after I graduate as in May or early June? Could it possibly be much later? Basically I just was curious b/c there are a couple things I want to do right after college, before I start my career in whatever it is that I do, for a couple weeks and I was wondering if I'd be right off to OCS as soon as schools out.

Thanks,

fighterpfeif

I think that you are restricted to when you can go to OCS. Getting you graduated from OCS before the end of the Fiscal Year is what is restricting when you can go to OCS.

maxlife

Being active duty during BDCP would your 30 days of vacation time come into play for this? Doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

nugget81

pilot
If you play your cards right, you could very well have a few weeks or longer between graduation and OCS. At the same time, you wouldn't need to use any leave time as long as you stay in CONUS. Also, keep in mind that some OCS dates get moved back for what would seem like no apparent reason - I've never heard of one being moved forward....

mts4602

Ok, thanks. I cannot apply for BDCP until about a year from now since I am a non-technical major so I will have a little time to figure things out.