• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS & Security clearance question

rr-10

when do security clearance investigations begin when one gets accepted for OCS? I’m just preparing beforehand. Do secret clearance investigations occur prior to OCS when interim clearances are granted or denied? I’m most likely going to be declined an interim given my ethnic background (Pakistani). But do you track your aircraft first, then see if your eligible with your clearance or how does that work?
Helos only require secret clearance but jets and planes require a TS/SCI clearance from what I’ve heard. I’ve always dreamed of flying a jet for the military but I know theres a lot of uncontrollable factors in play, so I’d be more than happy with helicopters. It’s an honour and privilege to serve regardless of the aircraft.

I have a spotless background (Born in NYC raised in Toronto), but I still am going to have a mountain to climb to be TS eligible because of my family being from Pakistan but living in Canada with myself for the past 2 decades. & myself being a prior Canadian citizen, now only US citizen. And I’m sponsoring my family here in the states soon, & mortgaging a house here to prove my loyalty to USA over Canada. But I still have hope though, lots of it for flying jets. If unfortunately, I don’t get cleared for a jet IF I track them, does that mean I get placed into helos with a secret? Or does that mean, I can’t be a Naval Aviator & get re-rated?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
when do security clearance investigations begin when one gets accepted for OCS? I’m just preparing beforehand. Do secret clearance investigations occur prior to OCS when interim clearances are granted or denied? I’m most likely going to be declined an interim given my ethnic background (Pakistani). But do you track your aircraft first, then see if your eligible with your clearance or how does that work?
Helos only require secret clearance but jets and planes require a TS/SCI clearance from what I’ve heard. I’ve always dreamed of flying a jet for the military but I know theres a lot of uncontrollable factors in play, so I’d be more than happy with helicopters. It’s an honour and privilege to serve regardless of the aircraft.

I have a spotless background (Born in NYC raised in Toronto), but I still am going to have a mountain to climb to be TS eligible because of my family being from Pakistan but living in Canada with myself for the past 2 decades. & myself being a prior Canadian citizen, now only US citizen. And I’m sponsoring my family here in the states soon, & mortgaging a house here to prove my loyalty to USA over Canada. But I still have hope though, lots of it for flying jets. If unfortunately, I don’t get cleared for a jet IF I track them, does that mean I get placed into helos with a secret? Or does that mean, I can’t be a Naval Aviator & get re-rated?

The security clearance started before you even applied for Pilot. It’s required in order to apply before the board.

If you can’t get a TS then correct you will likely be going the Helo route. Sucks that outside factors might limit what you can fly but it is what it is...