• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS reduced to 12 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erabe07

I'm not convinced that the new 12 week OCS program is effective 01-05. I've been informed by my recruiter that the change was made effective in July 2004, and my OCS class (October 2nd '04) will be 12 weeks as well. Even those before the reported January '05 date may want to look into this. Although, the information I have says its not yet required that the online courses be completed prior to arrival at OCS.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
twoshots02 said:
For those of you that have not yet done so go to the OCS website and choose contact us. Do the request a mentor thing. They will contact you and help you get setup with the online courses. You will want to do this soon. You will get a temp mentor until you get a class officer assigned who will then take over as your mentor.

Ok, when I origanlly asked for a mentor in January, I got a temporary one. I never got assigned a permenant one, and I requested it again (about a month and a half ago). Should I request another one or just be patient (my OCS start date is 22 January 2005).

Thanks!!

-Erin Leigh

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
rabe0030 said:
I'm not convinced that the new 12 week OCS program is effective 01-05. I've been informed by my recruiter that the change was made effective in July 2004, and my OCS class (October 2nd '04) will be 12 weeks as well. Even those before the reported January '05 date may want to look into this. Although, the information I have says its not yet required that the online courses be completed prior to arrival at OCS.

Class 01-05 is either July 10 or July 17 (not sure, because of the shortening...someone else will know). Class numbers are based on graduation date, and the fiscal year starts in October, so 01-05 is the first class to graduate in October, which means they started in July.

twoshots02

AMDO - 13 Nov OCS
erinleigh31 said:
Ok, when I origanlly asked for a mentor in January, I got a temporary one. I never got assigned a permenant one, and I requested it again (about a month and a half ago). Should I request another one or just be patient (my OCS start date is 22 January 2005).

Thanks!!

-Erin Leigh

I would email the temporary mentor to see if a class officer has been assigned to your class yet. The class officer will be your permanent mentor until you reach OCS.

Can you PM me the name of the person they assigned as temporary to you. If its different from the one I was temporarly assigned then I will give you a different contact.

JayManC

rabe0030 said:

may class doesnt meet in 01/05 im IN class 01-05 we classed up on july 10/11, the class number is based on your expected fiscal year graduation. IE we should/will graduate on oct 1. and yes it IS effective... both 02,03...and 04 which came on deck today are all 12-weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.