• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS question on taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Just a question I thought of. If our report date to OCS date is in January, before we might recieve our W-2's and our graduation date isn't until around or after April 15th, what are we supposed to do about taxes? I know we aren't allowed to receive packages or anything of that sort. Are we allowed to recieve our W-2's and will we have time to do our taxes (I don't have anything complicated for my taxes...I don't make much money)? If I don't have anyone else that can do them for me while I'm gone (no family to do it, etc.), should I just apply for an extension before I go to OCS?

Thanks!!
EngineGirl

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Good question. I'm wondering the same type of thing for my 23OCT date with the upcoming November elections and whether or not I'm allowed to receive an absentee ballot.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
usnmerritt said:
Good question. I'm wondering the same type of thing for my 23OCT date with the upcoming November elections and whether or not I'm allowed to receive an absentee ballot.

In school, I always got my absentee ballot about a month or so before the election. Or maybe you could try early voting. Just contact your court house, that is what I did.

EngineGirl

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
You can receive packages, just be prepared for public humiliation if the contents are sketchy. Tax forms shouldn't be an issue. Just have someone mail them to you in a normal envelope.

If your taxes are simple, you'll have time at some point to do them. Or, you might try contacting one of the tax assistance centers on base. Ask around. Or there'll be a booth in the NEX where you can pay $20 for someone else to do your taxes. Very much worth it if it saves you an hour of Lib-o.

Status
Not open for further replies.