• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS PRT Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslam

I talked to a ENS who recently graduated from OCS (~ 3 months ago). He told me that the DI's resisted but were required to use the new standards. I imagine it is good gouge because he was there when they switched to the new standards.

ASLAM.

WFU2USN

Just a thought about these new standards...

In my eight years in the Navy it's changed 3-4 times and this is probably the best they've done yet - it seems a bit more fair in my opinion. I'm not saying it's perfect, but better - I've known people in great shape who really struggled with running, but they were great sailors in every other aspect of the PRT, their job, being a sailor, etc. We're not all speed demons!! ;-)

Aimee - Don't you leave soon! Stock up on the granny panties...I'm kidding...my friend who went through OCS in 2001 said that she and someone else totally dejected those bc of the sand...funny story for we girls..hehe.
Good luck everyone!!

:)Robin

Aimee

2 more weeks (not even) of freedom! Hmmmm... I guess I should bring an assortment of undies. I've heard varying advice about this...

AG7412

OK, so are they using the 5 year increment or not?
In 10 years of service these changes are the best, so far.

aslam

Yes, 5 year standards. That's what I was referring to in my first post.

Note, I haven't gone to OCS yet so this is just what I have heard, but I would consider the source pretty reliable (recently commissioned ENS)

ASLAM.

2fast12

Just wondering. I was looking at this forum and concerned about my PRT. I am 27, 65-70pu, 95su, 11:15 run. Is this bad? I am concerned that I will be rolled if this isn't acceptable. I also live above 5000 ft. (Denver). Will this make a difference?

turboweeny

Does anybody know if 1000 SUs and 625 PUs along with a 4:32 run time is good enough? I am afraid I will get rolled after my in PFA. I have a little time before OCS to work on it but I am busy with volunteer work at the homeless shelter so I am afraid I won't be able to devote enough time to better my scores. Please help.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
hey weeny,

I hear your a P-3 bubba now. Hows Randolph. Oh yeah, keep up the good work at that homeless shelter.

Dave

privateer

GTX ruled! The best days of my life. I only wished I could have been there for chow when Garcia went back to poopies! Is Goo still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.