• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packing list 2022

burnac0

Pro Rec Y SNA
I’m headed in late July hopefully out by mid October. Was anyone here in OCS through late summer/early fall? Does that initial packing list from a while ago on the first page still hold up? Thank you!

elariosa95

SNA (NIFE 2)
I’m headed in late July hopefully out by mid October. Was anyone here in OCS through late summer/early fall? Does that initial packing list from a while ago on the first page still hold up? Thank you!
Yeah, pretty much. They got new wooden rack with taller edges tho, so someone in my class used a spatula for the rack instead of a clipboard

ty_diggitty

Hey for Priors with all their issues uniform items.. type 3s, parka, nsu tops, dress shoes, I have my blues jacket too… can we bring all this stuff? Where will we put it? I found khakis really cheap at the thrift store too. I have 2 seabags, garment bag, and a duffel already full of uniforms and personal items. I feel like I over packed.

The NEX also allows priors to do the uniform allotment program so I got stuff from there too. Was this a mistake?

JoeBob1788

Hey for Priors with all their issues uniform items.. type 3s, parka, nsu tops, dress shoes, I have my blues jacket too… can we bring all this stuff? Where will we put it? I found khakis really cheap at the thrift store too. I have 2 seabags, garment bag, and a duffel already full of uniforms and personal items. I feel like I over packed.

The NEX also allows priors to do the uniform allotment program so I got stuff from there too. Was this a mistake?
Getting everything from the NMCRS thrift shop is the move dude. Your RDC will inspect your items for serviceability but you can bring everything you need. Do that as much as you can, you’ll save thousands. I did that in 2022, worked great. I just now finally got my choker whites top… $20, vs $225 at the uniform shop.

ty_diggitty

Getting everything from the NMCRS thrift shop is the move dude. Your RDC will inspect your items for serviceability but you can bring everything you need. Do that as much as you can, you’ll save thousands. I did that in 2022, worked great. I just now finally got my choker whites top… $20, vs $225 at the uniform shop.
Recommend getting a suitcase to roll everything or just stick to the seabags?
Can we make multiple trips to bring stuff in once we check in?

JoeBob1788

Recommend getting a suitcase to roll everything or just stick to the seabags?
Can we make multiple trips to bring stuff in once we check in?
You could make multiple trips I guess, I think I fit everything in a sea bag and a duffle. I brought uniform items, boot socks, and a pillow and blanket. I wouldn’t bring anything extra really. It’s OCS not a deployment, they’ll give you (or let you buy) everything you need if you don’t have it.