• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Officer Interview Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdkahuna

Need help. What did you say when they asked you these questions.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years.

Why do you want to be an officer instead of a Chief?

Whats the difference between a Chief and an Officer.

Thanks for all in this forum and those who help me.

RobNLa

Be honest. Tell the board what you truly believe not what you think they want to hear. What do you think they value more honesty or canned answers? I am willing to bet they can tell the difference between the two.

Rob

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
wow, that's a hard question to answer. my first reason would be respect. second is, of course, the pay
devil_125.gif
. see, the way that i see it (not trying to offend anyone), everyone's the same, you know? we're all equal, so why should i salute someone else?

.....don't steal my response!!! jking jking

av8tor

Chief - Senior Enlisted man, known for doing an officer's paperwork while he's kick ass and taking names.
Officer - To **** on the enlisted men, and also kick ass and take names.
5 years - Drunk
10 Years - AA

bisouss69

As on the USNAVYOCS Forum.. no one is going to give you a straight answer.. these answers are from you and not someone else. If you cant think on your feet and know why you want to be an officer.. or project yourself in the years to come.. and have goals.. no one can tell you that... even with the best scores...maybe the service isn't for you. You need to know what you want..what gets you in is being an induvidual.. and what your individuality can bring to the team. If you can't do that.. then you shouldn't be applying and trying to get other peoples answers. That goes toward your character and it doesn't look good in my opinion (but thats my opinion) Believe me, the questions they are going to ask are going to be much harder and you need to be on your feet. It might sound harsh.. but if you cant take that then I don't know how you will do in the fleet. This forum is for information on the Navy and OCS, but not giving answers or essays to get into the Navy to make yourself look better during an interview isn't what this is for.

mack

Dont say its because of money or respect. Say it's becuase you want to be the best you can be. If being an officer requires that you have a degree and a cheif doesn't, and you have a degree, then you choose to maximize your potential.

bisouss69

Its true with the soapbox stuff. You have to see it from other perspectives too. I have had a lot of people come up to me and ask me for my personal essays for OCS. I don't think its genuine and cheating in all matters. Its good to get ideas from this site but to get an answer to what you should say... thats different. My point is that only you will know the answer and people will tell if it is sincere or not.. especially on a board. DO your research on these forums.. but you cant take everything seriously off of here either. Everyone gets different info.. the only way to to look at the instructions yourself.

bisouss69

Nope.. lucked out.. not on a ship but on sea duty and I drive HMMVs.. pretty cool. I also get perdium and stay in hotels on deployment. Havent seen the haze gray and underway yet..or not for at least another 5 years.. after shore duty I'd say.

AZSkegee

thats cool bisouss69, at least you doing something with a little excietment. I was thinking about doing SARS during my current holding pattern in Tenn. The funny thing I picked this command while I was at A school because it was a ship, but I wont be underway for a while on board here. (RCOH)

bisouss69

I thought I was picking shore duty when I was getting orders out of A school. then when I called I found out it was sea duty. No one knew anything about the unit.. And I know why.. there are only 3 units like this in the Navy - and acutally.. I think mine is the only one still around.. well.. its changing to say the least. Mostly the marines have this type of unit.. its not like anything Navy...so it puts me at a big disadvantage for rate training.. but in the long run.. I know if I went to a ship.. I can do at least 5 different rates and getting my pin will probably be easy. My duty is for more the senior sailors.. not sailors starting out.. but that was 4 years ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.