• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS November 28th year 2021

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8
Also has anyone else asked their recruiters the next steps? Mine has me scheduling a PRT then signing the enlistment documents

jacobcvm

61 8/8/8
Hey so I’m reading through the OCS documents. How big is a squadron?

I've been around squadrons quite a bit. Navy differs from AF in that the Navy squadrons have the maintenance department within the squadron. There's typically Operations, maintenance, and others I can't remember. As an officer you'll have your flying requirements that you have to keep up to date on, along with whatever job you're assigned to manage. Long story short I think they're pretty big due to maintenance side of the house.

villo0692

Hey so I’m reading through the OCS documents. How big is a squadron?
my squadron had about 6 P8s during home cycle, and 8 P8s on deployment. I'd say total personnel including officers and enlisted (admin, maintenance, aircrew), where a total of around 300. this vastly differs in communities. For instance, fighters don't have enlisted aircrewmen, helos don't have FOs, so it really depends. FRS squadrons could potentially have WAYY more people. I was in VP8 and we had a commander as a CO, VP30 (an FRS) had a Captain for a CO, so that tells you how much bigger it can be....wait and see I guess, you will have a love/hate relationship probably with all of them regardless hahaha