• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Nov. 1, 2009....anyone else?

DaSilva11

A-Pool SNA
I just got my select letter and found out that Nov. 1, 2009 is my OCS date. Does anyone else have this date yet?

I'm going for pilot, so if there's anyone else who will be joining me let me know. I also live 40mins from Newport, RI so I can meet anyone earlier if they'd like to.

-Ian

Paulnieves

Nice, I am waiting for my date. Do you know if is another date for OCS in august because my OR told me about may be I can be call to that one. If not may be will be at november 1 like u. I will be a pilot too. Keep the communication...

DaSilva11

A-Pool SNA
Yeah I've heard of people leaving for OCS in August on the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th of this year. If you go to www.usnavyocs.com and register for their forums, you'll find people who have that date and a lot of other useful information like this forum.

How long have you been waiting for your OCS date? I waited about 4 months to get a concrete date from my OR and finally received my select letter confirming the date. Hope to see you in Newport man and goodjob getting pilot!

Wambo

Hopefully I'll see you there. I'm going for pilot, too. I just sent my in my OCS application in last week. How long does it usually take until you hear feedback?

DaSilva11

A-Pool SNA
Well my recruiter handed in my OCS application on Nov. 1st, 2008 and I heard back from him that I made it on Feb. 24, 2009. People usually wait 4-6 months to hear back and then you have to pass all the testing at MEPS and a PRT/PFA (fitness test). After all that you wait for the results of MEPS and finally your select letter, which will give you the exact date when you're going to OCS.....total length of my timeline, exactly 1 year.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Hopefully I'll see you there. I'm going for pilot, too. I just sent my in my OCS application in last week. How long does it usually take until you hear feedback?
My timeline was as follows for applying:
Contacted OR Jan 09
Submitted application Feb 09
Pro-Rec March 09
Final select May 09
OCS date Nov 1st 09

If you are just submitting your SNA application plan on at least 5 to 6 months before you will be heading to OCS, and possibly longer. Everyones timeline is a little different.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
I just started a Facebook group for anyone heading to OCS on 11/1/09. Search for US Navy OCS November 1st 2009 and it should come up.