• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Memorization

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslam

I am currently awaiting a FY 03 pilot slot. I am expecting orders to report to OCS on Feb. 22, 2003. Although it is well ahead of time, I have decided to start memorizing the OCS gouge. However, on the Navy OCS page https://www.cnet.navy.mil/nascweb/ocs/ocs_memorization.htm there are more items to memorize than just the Big 3.

Are the other items necessary to memorize as well (Anchors Aweigh, Navy Hymn, etc...)?

Thanks to all for the tips and pointers about OCS. I will need all of them. I will try to stay unnoticed and try my hardest. No prior military service, so I'm sure it will be a culture shock for me.

Also: I heard some rumor that you are required to lace your shoes outboard over inboard. Is this true, and what exactly does that mean. Thanks again.

ASLAM

Dave Shutter

The better you know that stuff the better. The RLP's are when you'll really need to know them. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it's stressful. Unless your really out of shape it'll be the hardest thing you'll do there. The tension builds for weeks and when you finally get there you'll be nervous, especially when securing and getting weekend liberty is on the line. After nine weeks some guys can't spell their names phonetically. If your laces are done right when you show up they'll make you do them over again along with your new "shipmates" so don't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.