• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN OCS medical

Jomo2110

My friend is in ocs with a SNA contract right now and he failed the depth perception and they are not allow him to retake it. They are trying to make him take change contracts or drop. Is there anything else that he can do with this bs. He passed the same eye exam with the Marines less than a year ago before he got accepted by the Navy.

WannaFlyHigh

This is my biggest fear because I know I have good depth perception but MEPS claimed I didn't. I fear I would get NAMI Whammi'd again.

Grapeape

So I go the call today that my medical waiver would not be cleared by NAMI. I looked for any regulation or limitation on my condition and there is nothing that states that it is a disqualifying factor.

How do I get an appeal or a second opinion?
I'm going for SNA via USMC.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

luckynumbr27

So I go the call today that my medical waiver would not be cleared by NAMI. I looked for any regulation or limitation on my condition and there is nothing that states that it is a disqualifying factor.

Did you go through the official Naval Aeromedical Waiver and Reference Guide? I’ll link it below if you haven’t.

Creeping_Geep

I may be misinterpreting your post, so apologies in advance if I am: If your medical condition is not disqualifying what is the purpose of the waiver?

edit: In essence, is NAMI saying "we aren't going to approve your waiver" and you are saying "I shouldn't need a waiver at all"?