• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS life... from the inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grmaster1

Here we go,

our class, 09-03, consisting mostly of "nasty priors" came together for the 4th week inspection and ... got secured, which means liberty until 1600 Monday due to the holiday!

OCS is ... OCS, and I will be glad to get outta here on the 24JAN02 with my Ensign bars and my O-1E paygrade.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

sonnyb

grmaster,

You think priors have an advantage over non-priors at OCS, at least intially?

Do Officer candidates start yelling at you the moment you check in? Tell us about your first meeting with your DI? :O

Seriously, congrats making through week 4. Good luck

grmaster1

Originally posted by BDCPUAH
so how tough is it? truthfully...no sugar coating.

These are my personal opinions:

class 10-03 is a bunch of weaklings, who WILL get strong when the Beast (Roque) is done with them ;-)

it's tough enough for somebody out of college...

the program is not working out fully for enlisteds (being a prior can be bad, too), at least, for me it does not make much sense--just a little hurdle on the road to commission ;-)

yes, the candy-os try to yell at you right away...
our class drill instructor or DI is kinda cool, fair but merciless

and, Nikki, please, send me your congrats on 24JAN02 around 1000 ;-)

OCS Navy is NOT the real Navy...

JayManC

PatMack & Grmaster, make sure you salute a squirrel for me!

<insert something witty here:>

ghost_ttu

grmaster:

Is Travis Alexander in your class? He went to OCS the latter part of September. I'm just curious if he is sticking in there and what his staus is. If he is still around, tell him I said hello. He did some flight instruction for me.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Goliath112

hey patmack how is hartman dealing with the shin splints? do they roll you for getting them?

man the wait is killing me

kaiangel

Grmaster, a bunch of guys who are in the STA program with me are in the class that started 2 weeks before yours. I wonder how they are doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.