• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Graduation - Allowing Guests with Restrictions

PEFO Silver-Shades

I'm curious how they're going to regulate who was fully been vaccinated and who hasn't. correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that go against HIPPA's standards and if so couldn't a guest say they've been vaccinated?

NevarYalnal

I'm curious how they're going to regulate who was fully been vaccinated and who hasn't. correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that go against HIPPA's standards and if so couldn't a guest say they've been vaccinated?
i mean the only PII on my vaccination card is my name and DOB, odds are that information was already provided to the govt as part of your background investigation anyway unless your guests are essentially strangers.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
HIPPA doesn’t mean they can’t ask, HIPPA means that they can’t reveal any information you choose to provide without your permission.

It’s a common misperception that has been in various news stories lately with regards to businesses being allowed to ask employees and customers (normally for mask or no masks). One major airline is going to start asking all interviewees and will not hire anyone who isn’t vaccinated.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I can’t see that without a FB account. Can you post a screenshot?
Edit: Nevermind. I’m an idiot. I didn’t see the attachment. lol

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
I can’t see that without a FB account. Can you post a screenshot?
Edit: Nevermind. I’m an idiot. I didn’t see the attachment. lol
It looks like the post was taken down, so I am not sure how that affects things. Some of the people in my class have been told there is no rom for the class starting 25 July. I'm hoping that with no rom requirement, we are able to bring guests. I'm trying to fly my best friend out from California to be in the series of first salutes.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
It looks like the post was taken down, so I am not sure how that affects things. Some of the people in my class have been told there is no rom for the class starting 25 July. I'm hoping that with no rom requirement, we are able to bring guests. I'm trying to fly my best friend out from California to be in the series of first salutes.
I've been told my my LT that there's no more ROM starting with the 25JUL21 class. I doubt they're going to start opening up graduation to unlimited guests, but that 2 guest limit will probably stand.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I wanna bring my wife and my best friend. The kids can stay with their grandparents for a few days lol. I'll have to come back to NC to PCS up to VA anyways
Once I actually get a ship date (??), I'd like for my wife and dad to be there. I know my mom will want to be there, but I've wanted my dad to be one of my first salutes since I knew I got into OCS.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Following up on this:

My brother is Class 14-21 (two classes after the class in OTCN's facebook post), graduating August 6. They were told 2 fully vaccinated guests per graduate. Looks like guests are still happening.