• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS grad need to expedite waivers

maowczykowski1

So I have an application in for waivers.
Now, I’m waiting on the final review from NAMI. Form what I know, the application is currently in AERO(also,if someone could explain what this is to me)
My question is, what is it I can do to expedite this process to get through NAMI.
Any tip or ideas to get the ball rolling?
Should I contact nami and if so who?
Do I call the hospital here?
What can I do?

Edited per OP request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
More contemporary officers will have better information, but in my (very old and dated) case NAMI took their own sweet time.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah dude, NAMI will take their time doing their due diligence, and it's not abnormal for people to be held up in Student Pool after graduation waiting for their final PQ.

I'm sure there will be some Class O's on here who can chime in, but I'm sure your Class Team and OTCN Medical is tracking your situation and will give you an update when there is new news. As a Candidate, I would not recommend reaching out to NAMI or the Docs on your own as that is likely to ruffle some feathers. Just keep doing what you need to do to graduate, and if you have any concerns you can work them through your Class Team.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
AERO is a DoD medical program all the branches use for flight physicals and medical data. To what extent it's used beyond flight physicals, I have no idea, but suffice to say if your stuff is in AERO, it means any flight doc can pull it up and see what's in your file.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Now, I’m waiting on the final review from NAMI. Form what I know, the application is currently in AERO(also,if someone could explain what this is to me)
My question is, what is it I can do to expedite this process to get through NAMI.
What can I do?

Edited per OP request.

We had four guys in my OCS class who spent a few weeks waiting around Newport for NAMI to give them the thumbs up. Sadly, two of those dudes got whammy'd and redesignated before moving on. It sucks, but you need to sit tight and wait. This is part of the process.

flgator92

None
To echo what others have said: just wait it out. Being in Newport without training isn't so bad. For many years, it's the picturesque place where they hosted the America's Cup for yachting. Downtown Newport can be pretty lit, and there are plenty of rich girls from Jersey and Massachusetts who are there on vacation. What's the issue? Kinda wish I was in your shoes right now, bub.

maowczykowski1

To echo what others have said: just wait it out. Being in Newport without training isn't so bad. For many years, it's the picturesque place where they hosted the America's Cup for yachting. Downtown Newport can be pretty lit, and there are plenty of rich girls from Jersey and Massachusetts who are there on vacation. What's the issue? Kinda wish I was in your shoes right now, bub.
Well we can’t leave base because of covid

georgiapeach1

Some of us would rather be reunited with our wives/husbands and families instead of being ignored by snobby rich girls.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
What can I do?

Edited per OP request.
NAMI does not care about your timeline - they have their own.

Best of luck,
Someone whose commissioning was delayed 19 days after graduation

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Well we can’t leave base because of covid

The paycheck is still coming in, right? You're still earning 2.5 days of leave per month, right? You're still in the military, right? You're not on a boat or in some shithole country where people are trying to kill you, right?

Sheesh man, you've been in for like 2 days and you're already complaining about bureaucracy and how slowly things move. Just find some zen and realize that, in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sheesh man, you've been in for like 2 days and you're already complaining about bureaucracy and how slowly things move.
Welcome to the rest of your military career. I heard the other day that the bureaucracy was actually expanding. You know, so it can meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.