• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS OCS dates and EAOS

BrianTruix

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. My tOCS date is currently September 06 and my EAOS is early Dec. If I get pushed back again how can I ensure I don't have a break in service? I contacted Paul and he simply stated that I need to wait for a signature. I am already on my second extension of my first contract 4 year + 3 years of extensions.

chinolal

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. My tOCS date is currently September 06 and my EAOS is early Dec. If I get pushed back again how can I ensure I don't have a break in service? I contacted Paul and he simply stated that I need to wait for a signature. I am already on my second extension of my first contract 4 year + 3 years of extensions.

I had a similar situation. My EAOS date was going to end before my OCS date. Once I got my orders, I had to do a OBLISERV for an additional year in order for me to execute the orders. My career counselor helped me route up my chit.

CWO_change

I don't doubt you (and I'm making this comment more so out of curiosity), but I'm shocked that you'd be considered to have a formal break in service if your EAOS came while you're at OCS. I could see if your EAOS came before reporting to OCS, but I'd imagine that you'd literally still be in the military officially while at Officer Training Command/OCS with no break in service if the reserve was true. At least that's how I'd think things would operate logically. Given that its the Navy we are talking about, though, who knows.

Note, even if what I wrote was accurate, given the uncertainty of these covid classes, I'd still opt to push your EAOS to the right some. But, if you're not worried about a paycheck and already have at least 4 years of E time to quality for O-1E pay--I knew people who reached their four years of enlisted service time while at OCS--I'd think about whether its worth it to put on extra time of service obligation (depending on how long you intend to stay commissioned).