• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS contract information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne

Hi,

I was wondering if you get SNA in your contract when you sign up for OCS. (So you dont just sign up to be an officer and then have to apply to it, so you might end up doing something else)
Also, if you apply for SNA and get turned down, how long do you wait uuntil there is another lsot open, can you like not apply for another year or do youo just wait around for a slot to open up?

Thank you.

version2point0

if you apply for SNA and get it, youre in like flynn. no re-aplication. on your application should be more than one choice slot for what you want. that is so you can put other areas of the navy in which you might want to articipate. as for mine, i put SNA, SWO, and "any other officer program" if you only choose one thing, you have a 5050 shot of being dropped and waiting until slots are open. that could be weeks, could be months. but for me, by putting "any other..." then your packet gets seen by everyone if you dont get your first two choices and a program usually grabs you. (i did get SNA, tho, but i was selected long before they closed off SNA apps)

-v2.0

version2point0

air force, i would say. but most of the guys i know in the air force drop after their contract. navy and marines stay in as long as the govt will have them. thats been my experience. im navy and im in for life.

-v2.0

riley

I would say Air Force is the hardest to get in. Not because of it being top notch, highly competitive, etc. It is difficult for the simple reason that when someone puts on that blue suit, they turn into certifiable morons - losing paperwork, checking the wrong boxes, and never bothering to fill you in on how crummy of a job they are doing. V2.0, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but from my experience, most people leave the Air Force after their contract is up because that service has no pride whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.