• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Big 4 Memorization Discrepancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmith

Does anyone know anything about the differences between the Big 4 on the OCS website and in the DEP Guide to Sucess?

For example "The ninth general order of a sentry is to call the Officer of the Watch in any case not covered by instructions" (DEP) versus "The ninth general order of a sentry is to call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions"

There are several other slight word changes in the rest of the Big 4. These are both OCS publications. Does the website have mistakes or is it an updated version?

rgassoff

I'm not sure, but I would suspect the website is easier to correct and update than all of the DEP books that were probably published a couple of years ago and are already in circulation. I would use the website. It may also be a good idea to check with OCS student support center, it is the phone number on your acceptance letter. They should have the correct answer, I will probably do that myself.
timebomb_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.