• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Bi-lateral transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cierno31

I am currently enlisted in the U.S. Navy at Charleston, SC (Nuke School). I talked to some people and they told me that If I put in for a package for OCS and make it, I could transfer to U.S. Coast Guard OCS once I am accepted. Does this sound right. I am interested in obtaining a commission in the U.S. Coast Guard. I took the OAR once already but did pretty bad (40) so I took it again. I should get the results any day now. My college GPA was pretty mediocre (2.95). I hope I can get accepted to OCS.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I've never heard of anything like that. I would think if you want to go to the coast guard, you should apply to coast guard OCS. The reasoning is that you don't just apply for OCS, but you pick a specific designator. Once selected, you take up a slot, I don't think the Navy is going to hand you over to the Coast guard after selecting you. Who told you this?

Status
Not open for further replies.