• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS August 22, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Anyone with a signifigant other in this class?

Just trying to find out if there's anyone else getting ready to send their loved ones off.

:)Jennifer

GIJANE

GI JANE
Hey Jennifer! OCS class 13-04 graduate here. This will be as hard on you as it will be on your significant other. You will not have much contact with him for at least the first 4 weeks. After that, it depends on how well his class does. Any more questions, email me!

Jenmarie

Contributor
GIJane,

Congratulations on making it through OCS!

Thanks for the support! I'm sure I'll be contacting you once we get going! 3 weeks and 2 days... Ahhh!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
it will be especially hard when he sees you again and keeps pounding on the table every five minutes. don't be surprised if he gets mad because your silverware isn't properly positioned relative to your plate.

learn to say, Hoooora! and expect him to say it a lot. "good to go" or "GTG" will also become commom.

send him lots of mail while he's there. put stickers on the outside of said mail and be sure you write things like, "Love you so much" and "you're my Navy man" on the outside. He'll not only enjoy getting that mail but it will help keep him in tip to shape while at OCS. If you are mad at him, put, "Fly Airforce" on the outside of the envelope.

The class as a whole will appriciate it if you send him cookies too.

Jenmarie

Contributor
Luckily, I've been around Airwarriors for a little over a year, and have watched the same advice get passed on to the other ladies! Although - if I do get mad at him, I'll remember the "Fly Airforce" on the outside of the envelope! Should I make sure the envelope is hot pink as well, with tons of confetti stuffed inside?

Have a great weekend!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
but my advice is better!

I think your confetti idea is truly evil and therefore it must be done. He WILL appriciate it...after a while.

Jenmarie

Contributor
I doubt he'll EVER appreciate it! And I have a feeling, if I ever want to get married to this man, I should probably refrain - no matter how tempting! But thank you for the advice!!

miriam

Radioactive Man's Girl
JenMarie,

My boyfriend is in the August 22nd class. I just joined Airwarriors today in hopes I'd find people with their significant other in his class. Woohoo! I found one.

So, how are you holding up?

-Miriam-

Jenmarie

Contributor
Miriam,

So glad that there's FINALLY someone! You should ask to be added to the Private Spouses corner. I'm holding up ok - how are you doing?

Scoobisnax20

Hey Jennifer-
My bf is in that class as well! It already feels like he has been gone forever! How are you doing with the separation?

Cara

Jenmarie

Contributor
Hi Cara!

I'm doing ok - my fiance and I used to live an hour apart from each other, so I'm used to not seeing him every day. But, it's the not being able to talk to him that's getting to me! How are you doing? Feel free to PM me any time (you too Miriam!)

Hope you ladies are holding up ok!

Talk to you soon!
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.