• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS application HELP ASAP PLEASE anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdsucali@aol.com

First of all I want to know if the second test (ASTB) is similar to the first one? I realized that the gouge on here had many of the questions on the first exam. Just wondering if I will expect the same for the second time taking the ASTB. Also, what is the next step after passing the ASTB? I heard that you do the PRT (physical test) once your application gets accepted? is this true? Also, I am going for supplies, do I only need to focus on the OAR? Also do I have a chance on getting in if I have a high astb score but a 2.95 GPA in Finance?
Please advise. thank you

bart27

I did a search for "ASTB" and also "Form 1/2" and found good gouge. I found Form 2 to be easier than 1. The difference seemed to be in the math/verbal section. The other sections had similar content. The study guide that can be found somewhere on this site was of great help. I should have memorized it better. As for the application process, each recruiter seems to do things differently. Have you sat down and mapped things out w/ your recruiter? I took the astb, completed my application, did the security questionaire and then submitted for Pro Rec. I then had my physical, did the prt and submitted for final approval, but like I said, every district does things differently. Whether you should focus on OAR or is your GPA high enough, all you can do is put your best package together and see what happens. I had some of the same concerns as you, but I finally said screw it and put my best foot forward. Hope I was able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.