• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 222

Duc'-guy25

pilot
I would expect the board to be around late January. Usually as the class before is reporting, the next board is convening...ish.

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
From what I understand, there are three boards per each class. At each board, applicants are considered and the most competitive are chosen for OCC and/or PLC via OCS. For OCC 222, the boards are/have been held on 22 JUN 2015, 5 OCT 2015, and 7 MAR 2016.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Message...cp-mecep-mcp-r-and-recp-selection-boards.aspx
Those selection board dates are for an enlisted to officer commissioning program (mecep, ecp, etc...). Expect the OCC board to be held 2-3 months prior to report date.

PatrickOfSteele

My OSO said that I'd be needing a 300 with an age waiver to even consider active duty OCS, but fortunately with a masters degree, prior service and a large body of civilian world experience it wouldn't be terrible to get in.

I think a 292 with 3.63 in those fields would be on the level for what they're wanting. I was informed that having outstanding LoR's can be the "make or break" point if you're going up against individuals who have similar criteria as you *good PFT, good GPA etc etc*

I've heard that the Reservists *such as myself* are getting an easy pass to make up for the lack of O's in the reserve side. The midwest branch, or at least the officer recruiting station had a 100% selection rate for all reservists lasts OCS go around. Not to say that it's a cake walk in, but getting 18-19 pull ups and maybe being 10-20 seconds slow on your run isn't going to deny your packet.

PatrickOfSteele

That's a bit reassuring. It could be that it was the standard back a year or two ago when I know that 290+ was on part with the average individual getting accepted. Maybe less candidates are applying thus somewhat decreasing the overall competitiveness? Not sure, it's all speculation upon my behalf and how the OS NCO has been talking with me.

Also, I'm prior service army, Cavalry Scout. I'm sure it plays some role in selection but I don't have the title of marine yet. ;)

Lizzard

Selection must be complete. Son got notified on 10 March.

FY16 BOARD 3 7 DEC 2015 7 MAR 2016

OCS CLASS REPORT DATE GRADUATION DATE
OCC 220 20 SEP 2015 24 NOV 2015
OCC 221 10 JAN 2016 18 MAR 2016
OCC 222 29 MAY 2016 5 AUG 2016

Y'all are the leaders of tomorrow. Good luck.

Last edited: