• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR STUDY MATERIAL FOR PILOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Kellly

Have some Arco study guides for OAR exam but need more info on pilot portions. What are good study materials for this?

zuggerat

what exactly is on the OAR? Is the ASTB a part of the OAR or is it a completely separate test that you hafta take?

T Kellly

I believe the ASTB is a test for a different branch of militarty. The OAR is for OCS applicants and it has different parts. Certain parts are for commissioning as officer and other parts are graded for pilot and for NFO.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you take your ASTB, which is for the Navy and Marine Corps, you will get several scores back. One of these scores is your OAR, which stands for Overall Aptitude Rating (I think). It is not a separate test. It is a number calculated from your performance on the ASTB. The best thing you can do to prepare is look at the Marine practice test available on this forum. Good luck.

T Kellly

When I took the test they called it the OAR test but I guess it may be the ASTB. It is broken into differnet porions, the OAR (officer apptitude rating) is composite score of parts looked at for commissioning then there is NFO (naval flight officer) 2 parts, and pilot portion, 2 parts.

goldwingdreams

OAR = Officer Aptitude Rating

It is made up of your MCT and Math/Verbal Scores. Competitive scores are 50 and above.

Best study materials are all the ASTB gouge listed on this site. The ARCO gudie is worthless except for the Spacial Apperception questions.

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.