• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OAR Gouge

vham214

Hello, all!
My recruiter has told me I will ONLY be taking the OAR and not the ASTB since I am almost 27 and will not have time to be commissioned for pilot officer. So, I am needing help with OAR only. I have searched through the forum and haven't found anything that seems to be OAR specific related. I mostly only find ASTB and pilot information. I bought a study guide, but since I have not taken any math classes in 8+ years, I am pretty nervous for the math and mechanical sections. I am a psychology major and do not anticipate many issues in reading comprehension. Can anyone provide additional resources for OAR help and the OAR gouge specific links? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello, all!
My recruiter has told me I will ONLY be taking the OAR and not the ASTB since I am almost 27 and will not have time to be commissioned for pilot officer. So, I am needing help with OAR only. I have searched through the forum and haven't found anything that seems to be OAR specific related. I mostly only find ASTB and pilot information. I bought a study guide, but since I have not taken any math classes in 8+ years, I am pretty nervous for the math and mechanical sections. I am a psychology major and do not anticipate many issues in reading comprehension. Can anyone provide additional resources for OAR help and the OAR gouge specific links? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Did you take the time to search the forums? Your answer is literally right under your nose...

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Hello, all!
Thank you!

Are you quite certain?

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?forums/astb.47/

The pinned posts will help you. It'll take some effort in the form of thorough reading. The OAR is part of the ASTB exam.

Edit: (I only took the OAR and had to read for hours in those threads to find what I wanted/needed as I struggled with the same parts of the test you forsee yourself struggling with)

Last edited:

vham214

Did you take the time to search the forums? Your answer is literally right under your nose...
Yes, as mentioned in my post, I've searched the forum. I'm new here. So, I'm perhaps not understanding how to use the forum correctly. But, I've searched through several threads and I'm finding 99% ASTB gauges.

vham214

Thank you! I've been searching through for about a week trying to find what I need. I've printed 30+ pages and most of it looks like air specific physics. I must just not be searching hard enough! I'll look through your link. I appreciate your assistance.

vham214

The ASTB consists of the OAR exam.
Correct. The OAR is part of the ASTB. But, if I study for the ASTB, I'll be covering a lot of additional information that is not on the OAR, yes? I may be wrong. Like I said, I am new. My recruiter did not give me a lot of information. I get the idea I won't be taken seriously until I have my OAR or ASTB score.

App2123

One week isn't enough to read everything, but if you really want this so bad, you'll take the time and I promise, you'll be happy you did. Good luck!

Thank you! I've been searching through for about a week trying to find what I need. I've printed 30+ pages and most of it looks like air specific physics. I must just not be searching hard enough! I'll look through your link. I appreciate your assistance.

zsparks

vham214

I just want to encourage you to check out khan academy, if you haven't already. It is full of good information. I would suggest that you focus on the mechanical and mathematics. I would not even bother studying one second on the reading portion. Make sure you get plenty of sleep when you study because that is how your brain stores information through REM. It is better for you to get 1-2 hours of study and 8 hours of sleep than vice versa. Relax during the test and you will do fine. Many of people have successfuly completed the OAR and finished OCS. I believe that you can do it too. good luck. I did find a mechanical document from another thread posted below.

Attachments

• Mechanical section study guide(1).docx
    57.9 KB · Views: 182

MockingbirdT

Hello, all!
Thank you!

and if you are interested in becoming a pilot, the age limit has changed for pilot.