• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O1-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

marti

This is a question for some of you prior enlisted guys. I seem to get a different answer to this question from everyone I talk to, so I was hopeing that someone could give me a valid answer from their own experiences. I am trying to make sure that when I get a commission I am an O1-E and not just an O1. If I'm not mistaken there is a difference of about $600 a month involved. So, how do I insure that this happens? Obviousley if I have only done 4 years active I do not meet the requirements. It says on the chart that the person must have over 4 years. The big question is how do I get over 4. I have been a reservist for 1 1/2 years and some say that my drills will put me over, and some say drills don't count. I have never done an AT in the reserves, but I could beg them to give me a week of active orders as a recruiter to meet the requirement. I would actually prefer not to do that if my drills will count for the over 4 catagory.
The final pay question that I have is about where I will be on the pay chart when I go back. For instance, I did 4 active and 4 inactive just like everyone else. So, with that I am paid as an E-4 with over 8. Keep in mind that I have only done 1 1/2 in the reserves. Your total time under contract adds up for the years that you get paid (but does not count towards retirement) Did anyone have a problem with this when they went back as an officer? And/or did you get paid as an E-5 with your years at OCS?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I am in the same boat as you are. 4 active, 4 inactive (no drill) and I'm getting 0-1E >8

You will be the same.

Yes you will get paid as a Sgt >8 at OCS.

Hope this helps.

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You have to have at least 4 years and 1 day of Active Duty (Reserves don't count)in order to rate O-1E. Ex: I was in the Marine Reserves for 5 1/2 years and don't rate O-1E, but that does mean that I get paid as an O-1 with over 4 years (now it's six)of service, which is a bit more than an O-1 with less than 2 years. I'm maxed out on the pay chart until O-3. As far as having 4 years active duty plus some reserve time, I can't help you there.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
hmmmmm, well I did exactly 4 years active, and then my 4 IRR...and I rate 0-1E >8.

I dunno...

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

marti

I appreciate everyone's input. From this alone I think you can all see what I was talking about. The answer is always different, but at least E5B and Jarhead have given me some hope. Thanks

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If they're getting the grade with their time, go with what they say. The MC doesn't have a habit of overpaying people on purpose!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
An accurate DD214 will save the day.... but I have had friends who got commissioned that were prior, and had all sorts of horror stories on NOT getting the O1E pay started properly. It took one of my friends 8 months to sort it all out, granted it was a nice big check at the end of that time period, but why wait and let uncle sugar hold that money for you? Just make sure from the beginning that you identify that prior time, so that won't happen to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.