• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NUPOC

Archavar

Greetings!
I have a B.S. in physics, and I wanted to join the NUPOC officer position. However, it was denied due to my low GPA 2.8, and age 32. I am taking the officer exam today for SWO; will update. I still would like to get into some type of nuclear position as this is my preferred interest. Is it possible to become a nuclear officer after SWO? Or, should I choose a different program?

P.S. I benefited greatly from the study materials here. Will contribute later.

exNavyOffRec

Greetings!
I have a B.S. in physics, and I wanted to join the NUPOC officer position. However, it was denied due to my low GPA 2.8, and age 32. I am taking the officer exam today for SWO; will update. I still would like to get into some type of nuclear position as this is my preferred interest. Is it possible to become a nuclear officer after SWO? Or, should I choose a different program?

P.S. I benefited greatly from the study materials here. Will contribute later.
once denied you are done for the nuclear program. I have seen enlisted nukes who get commissioned and don't pass the interview and that is it for them too.

Short

None
Had a buddy get passed over for GPA and pick it up later...the truth sometimes changes and never say no on behalf of the Navy.

Archavar

Thanks for the good news. I scored way lower than I expected on the OAR 50. I'm applying for SWO or CW, as was suggested by my recruiter. Math was straight forward mostly. The reading comprehension is wearisome, so many words being rearranged for the answer options almost made me dizzy. The mechanical portion is highly concept based, and the questions are asked in unconventional ways.

Good luck! As a NUPOC, I don't think you'll find many people who feel that being a nuke is awesome. The Navy needs nukes, it's just a lot of work without (IMO) much reward. You'll probably miss out on some bonuses, but you'll survive. If you can find any way to serve, go for it and you'll be fine.

I'm a little curious why you got the itch at 32?

Archavar

Good luck! As a NUPOC, I don't think you'll find many people who feel that being a nuke is awesome. The Navy needs nukes, it's just a lot of work without (IMO) much reward. You'll probably miss out on some bonuses, but you'll survive. If you can find any way to serve, go for it and you'll be fine.

I'm a little curious why you got the itch at 32?
Faith. Feels like its now or never. Thought about joining when I was a teenager, but it did not happen. Ended up as a courier, and found no fulfillment. I believe this is part of my journey. Plus I am not tied down or committed to anything at the moment.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I still would like to get into some type of nuclear position as this is my preferred interest. Is it possible to become a nuclear officer after SWO?
No.

Attachments

• Lateral_Transfer_LOI_2022-02_Feb-FINAL (1).pdf
    443.1 KB · Views: 10