• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSI 20May07

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
I appreciate all of the information from everyone. So did anyone that went to or is going to NSI bring their car and have any troubles? I'm bringing mine. I know I have to get another sticker, because mine is expired, but other than that, is there anything else I will run into that I can be prepared for?

Loco, I see that you wrote about a lab. Does that mean we can't have laptops there? By the way, where are you going to school after NSI? I'm just curious to hear some of the schools people chose.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I appreciate all of the information from everyone. So did anyone that went to or is going to NSI bring their car and have any troubles? I'm bringing mine. I know I have to get another sticker, because mine is expired, but other than that, is there anything else I will run into that I can be prepared for?

Loco, I see that you wrote about a lab. Does that mean we can't have laptops there? By the way, where are you going to school after NSI? I'm just curious to hear some of the schools people chose.

As far as the cars I highly suggest bringing it. Also, if you're there in May, your ass better be in NYC during fleet week, in uniform. I promise you will enjoy your time there.

Also with regards to the car, parking sucks, but it's still worth it.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
WRT parking. They will give you a special sticker to put on your car...don't put it on your car. Just be reasonable about where you park your car, the off limits parking seems to change every few weeks. If you want to be safe just park it across from the field and you will never have a problem.
Definately bring your bathrobe...I used mine every day. You don't want to be SOL when all your pt gear is dirty and you want to take a shower. Laptops are cool, just DO NOT EVER try to hook up your laptop to the network.

Loco

They don't let us use bathrobes, why would i tell them not to bring them. i brought mine and havent been able to wear it since the first night.
bringing a car is fine, you just cant use it until about a month in. we just got permission to use them this week.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Bath robes were good to go when I went through. Car is a lifesaver (heard it a thousand times, here's one more). As for parking, the small parking lot on the back side of the chapel there is where I parked my car the entire time I was there (except for the weekends when I would park as close to the door as I could).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am in the May class. My orders were originally screwed up. There were two people with my name and they gave me the orders of the other guy. Well once I got that fixed, they gave me my orders. I've had my orders since February. Why are they taking so long for yours I wonder. I did notice, however, that the whole process was a big run around. What school are the two of you planning to attend? I'm going to the University of Oklahoma.

OU? That sucks. We'll be seeing you guys in the Run-to-Dallas event soon enough.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
OU? That sucks. We'll be seeing you guys in the Run-to-Dallas event soon enough.

Lol, it's funny because I applied to OU, UT, and U of M (former student). My wife wanted me to go to UT, because that is where she graduated from. I talked to a couple of people in your ROTC, but OU seemed like they were more interested. Besides, I have hated UT with a passion all my life, so there was no way I wanted to go. I only considered because I knew my wife would have a job. Plus, my cousin quarterbacked OU last year, so I know he is familiar with the place and it's closer to home in Denton. I just felt like OU was a better fit.

Pretty soon it might be a Run-to-Arlington once the Cowboys stadium is finished. They are supposed to be moving the Cotton Bowl there. Do you know if they will move the game as well?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Lol, it's funny because I applied to OU, UT, and U of M (former student). My wife wanted me to go to UT, because that is where she graduated from. I talked to a couple of people in your ROTC, but OU seemed like they were more interested. Besides, I have hated UT with a passion all my life, so there was no way I wanted to go. I only considered because I knew my wife would have a job. Plus, my cousin quarterbacked OU last year, so I know he is familiar with the place and it's closer to home in Denton. I just felt like OU was a better fit.

Pretty soon it might be a Run-to-Arlington once the Cowboys stadium is finished. They are supposed to be moving the Cotton Bowl there. Do you know if they will move the game as well?

I haven't heard about the game at all, but you can make a logical guess that the game will move there too. The unit here is trying to bring more OCs over here because after this semester, there will only be 1 remaining.

blackjack_rj

Alpha PHlyer
I haven't heard about the game at all, but you can make a logical guess that the game will move there too. The unit here is trying to bring more OCs over here because after this semester, there will only be 1 remaining.

That's right. I forgot they told me that. UT wouldn't give me an admissions decision until April, so there was no way I could wait. So what is it like between the two units. I understand that after the Run, the two units have a football game, right? What is the run like?