• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Units

Nick Termini

So I just received word that I have been granted a Navy Option 4 year scholarship to the University of Wisconsin (I'm very happy and excited). However, I have been waitlisted at this school and have not heard back yet whether or not they've come to a decision (they said at the absolute latest before the end of June). I have, however, been accepted to both UCBoulder and the University of Pittsburgh and I know that it is possible (though not guaranteed) to transfer the scholarship to a different school. Both of these schools are on my top five schools list.

In choosing which school to go to, I'd like to know a little bit more about the units at these universities as they are difficult to travel to from where I live. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or knowledge about each of the NROTC units at each of these schools and their histories of getting students into flight. I was also wondering if anyone has/had any experience with transferring a scholarship and could shed some light on their situation.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you do a Google search for both NROTC at UC and Pitt, you can find contact information for both. From there you can talk to a NROTC staff member or even a Midshipman who can give you first-hand advice on life at that respective school.

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
If Wisconsin is your top choice, I suggest you call both the admissions office and the NROTC unit there and explain to them that you have a full NROTC scholarship and that you want to go there. I imagine they'll accept you.

Congrats on the scholarship and good luck.

Renegade One

None
If Wisconsin is your top choice, I suggest you call both the admissions office and the NROTC unit there and explain to them that you have a full NROTC scholarship and that you want to go there. I imagine they'll accept you.

Congrats on the scholarship and good luck.
What BoH said….seems you're in a good place. :)

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
FWIW, CU Boulder, has had a VERY good history of getting people to go to Aviation (even for those who wanted to go SWO :eek:).

Also, University of Wisconsin, is one of the few colleges that they offer to prior enlisted guys that are looking to go into the nuclear field. http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/education.asp.

I would contact LT Lawson at CU Boulder if you are interested in going there. He is the "Aviation" community officer (Helo guy). The XO is a Helo guy as well. The CO just got there and he is a Harrier guy.
http://www.colorado.edu/NROTC/

If you have questions that they are unable to answer, or you would rather get the "real world" scoop on, feel free to message me. I went there as a prior enlisted guy with 3 kids and a wife, so my experiences may be different than what you are looking for, but I still stay in contact with former and current midshipmen from the unit so I should be able to point you to those that should be able to help you out..

Best of luck and congrats on getting a highly coveted scholarship!:)