• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC scholarship: do I even have a shot

Nathan Norris

Ok my name is Nathan and I have always wanted to serve(sounds cliche but it's true) but even more than wanting to serve I've wanted to fly. So starting this summer I started taking flying lessons and have recently soloed. As I continued looking into how to become a naval officer I learned that NROTC gives scholarships and I was wondering if I even have a shot( I didn't do to hot my first two years) so I have an estimated Cumm. GPA of 3.2 and ACT score of 28. I am an active member of CAP (Civil Air Patrol) I will have received my private pilot to license (VFR only) I play sports and go on mission trips to help others. I've never been in trouble with the law. So do I have a fighting chance at getting this scholarship.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Ok my name is Nathan and I have always wanted to serve(sounds cliche but it's true) but even more than wanting to serve I've wanted to fly. So starting this summer I started taking flying lessons and have recently soloed. As I continued looking into how to become a naval officer I learned that NROTC gives scholarships and I was wondering if I even have a shot( I didn't do to hot my first two years) so I have an estimated Cumm. GPA of 3.2 and ACT score of 28. I am an active member of CAP (Civil Air Patrol) I will have received my private pilot to license (VFR only) I play sports and go on mission trips to help others. I've never been in trouble with the law. So do I have a fighting chance at getting this scholarship.

Your chances are zero percent if you don't apply.

Chud

None
Nathan,
There is no "competitive" absolute. you surpass the minimums, so are therefore competitive. The better your GPA, SAT/ACT scores the more competitive. Boards also look at the whole person. Involvement in organized activities, such as CAP and qualifications, such as your pilots license, weigh well with the selection boards. Good to see that you have already applied (so I assume you are starting your Senior year in the fall?)
If you have questions about NROTC, spend some time on the website at www.nrotc.navy.mil there is a lot of information there, as well as links to specific schools that you might be interested in attending.
Good luck!