• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC scholarship as a transfer

ewitkop

I recently was admitted to Ohio State for the fall semester with 31 credit hours. I transferred in with a 3.3 G.P.A and will be a biology major. My current PST scores are 8:42 swim (CSS) / 77 pushups/ 76 situps/ 21 pullup/ 8:39 run. My question is how challenging will it be for me to receive a scholarship. I have spoken with the LT from the NROTC unit and he explained to me that my performance during my first year will determine whether I receive the scholarship for my second year; meaning I am ineligible for scholarship during my first year at OSU.

I am currently working on improving my PST scores and will be shooting for atleast a 3.5 G.P.A. However, the financial package that I have received from OSU is not great. Quite frankly, it is quite outrageous ( I am an out-of-state student). If possible I would like to hear the percentage of non-traditional students that receive scholarship. First and foremost my goal is to gain my commission as an officer but at the same time I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for my education.

KBayDog

First and foremost my goal is to gain my commission as an officer but at the same time I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for my education.

You could always, oh, I don't know, go to a less expensive school if the above statement accurately reflects the order of your priorities.

(I know, I know: Your mind is already made up about going to OSU, so my comment is "in one, out the other." The obvious solution to your problem had to be stated, though.)

Renegade One

None
I recently was admitted to Ohio State ... I have spoken with the LT from the NROTC unit and he explained to me that my performance during my first year will determine whether I receive the scholarship for my second year; meaning I am ineligible for scholarship during my first year at OSU.
So...what could I possibly add to that, other than "Go Buckeyes"!

Let us know in a year how you're doing.

Be well...don't fall behind in your tuition payments in the meantime.

WEGL12

VT-28
My info is a couple of years old but I suggest asking about the Tweedale scholarship. It is granted by the CO of the unit and the application is basically an interview. I believe the GPA requirement for this scholarship is around a 3.0 but I am not sure. I interviewed for it when I was transferring to Auburn two years ago (I transferred from a community college). The CO told me that very few people even apply for this scholarship. I would have accepted the scholarship if I wasn't selected for BDCP a month later. Just goes to show you there are options for transfer students.

cameron172

pilot
If possible I would like to hear the percentage of non-traditional students that receive scholarship.

You'll be looking for a 2.5 or 2 year "sideload" scholarship. When I was a sophomore college programmer, I was told that the Navy would award ZERO sideload scholarships (dooming me to Advanced Standing but I found other scholarship money and still graduated/commissioned) Last year, a few of the sophomore college programmers got on scholarship. It's tough to predict how many sideloads the Navy will be willing to give out next year.

PatKaufer

I just applied for the scholarship like I did out of high school (wasn't selected then), did the pool function interviews and PFT etc, and waited and got picked up for a 4 year scholarship, even though I'll likely only take 3 of those years to graduate. Did a year at community college. Let me know if you have any questions on that.
Pat