• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Options

Jason O'Shea

Alright, I know that this is probably going to be an illogical question to ask here and that you'll all bash me for it but whatever. Anyways, I'm planning on doing NROTC Navy option in college, and although I've read up and found out a lot of information about it, I still havent gotten a definite answer on what the options are to serve your years as an officer, and what those options entail. Can anyone help me out?

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Alright, I know that this is probably going to be an illogical question to ask here and that you'll all bash me for it but whatever. Anyways, I'm planning on doing NROTC Navy option in college, and although I've read up and found out a lot of information about it, I still havent gotten a definite answer on what the options are to serve your years as an officer, and what those options entail. Can anyone help me out?

Unrestricted Line officer for ~90% of Mids. Restricted Line if you're going through ECP or are medically dq'd. Staff if you get picked up for an HSPS.

Do some google'ing and you'll have your answer.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Start here: http://www.vanavyofficerprograms.com/

They have links to different career paths on the top of the screen.

There are lots of folks who will answer questions, but please do some research and come back with some more specific questions in the future.

cameron172

pilot
Here's the designations we have to choose from in our Junior year:

h.png

We have six choices, five must be unrestricted and one restricted line.

1170, 1160, and 1390/70 must be somewhere in the top five.

Jason O'Shea

@gparks. Yeah I know it wasn't very specific but I haven't really got any specifics about life as an officer and what jobs you do so I kind of had to be vague, but thank you very much for the tips and the website! That helped a lot!

Jason O'Shea

@cameron So I nee to pick five of the unrestricted as options of what I want to do as an officer? And also whats the difference between unrestricted and restricted?