• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Marine Option Air Contract?

jlalcido

Howdy y'all, I'm currently an officer candidate in a PLC office in South Texas, and am also a college freshman. The main allure to PLC is being commissioned a Marine Officer and guaranteed (barring an injury) an air contract. If you qualify and get contracted, you go to OCS/TBS with the promise of slot to flight school. I was curious if anybody knew if NROTC Marine Option offers the same program, or if you still have to fill out the dream sheet at TBS. Thanks!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
My information is not the most current, but in my experience they do. However, you've got to actually be in Marine-Option NROTC to apply for the contract, usually junior year. You take the ASTB (aviation aptitude test), submit your grades, extracurriculars, and the like. It's usually not that difficult to get, though. Though you have to wait to get the guarantee, at least you're not thrown in the pot at TBS.

Chud

None
Yes, NROTC Marine Options are being given aviation guarantees (we have several). It is as phrogdriver says, as long as you have ASTB qualifying scores, which is a 6/6 if memory serves (don't take that exact score on faith), so a bit higher than minimums for flight school.

Chud

None
Just checked, you need a AQR/PFAR 4/6. The Marines want to identify aviation prospects as soon as possible, so apply as soon as possible, so you don't have to wait until you are a Jr.