• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Major Tiers

BlueDog58

I am wrapping up my full application package for NROTC, but I'm still unsure of the major I want to pursue. My initial reaction is an aerospace engineering degree, or another Tier 1 major. But I'm curious as to my chances of a full ride through NROTC if I pursued a Tier 2 or Tier 3 major. I feel like I am a well-rounded applicant: varsity football/baseball, National honor Society President and SGA treasurer. I make good grades, with a 3.97 GPA and a 29 ACT. How much leeway would my academics and extracurriculars give me when it comes to selecting major tiers? Thanks guys.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
You can always switch your major once you get to college and start NROTC. Scholarship aside, It’s important that you actually enjoy (to a reasonable extent) what you have to go to class for every day. If you are really unsure, contact the NROTC unit you want to go to and ask one of the LTs for a meeting to go over the expectations and workload.

Best advice: apply for what YOU want, apply early, and have someone you trust Review your package before you send it in. My neighbor has a PHD in English and writing and she helped me sculpt my essay into a more professional language. If not her, I would have gone to one of my AP English/lit teachers.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am wrapping up my full application package for NROTC, but I'm still unsure of the major I want to pursue. My initial reaction is an aerospace engineering degree, or another Tier 1 major. But I'm curious as to my chances of a full ride through NROTC if I pursued a Tier 2 or Tier 3 major. I feel like I am a well-rounded applicant: varsity football/baseball, National honor Society President and SGA treasurer. I make good grades, with a 3.97 GPA and a 29 ACT. How much leeway would my academics and extracurriculars give me when it comes to selecting major tiers? Thanks guys.

I believe 70% of scholarships go to both Tier 1 and 2 majors.

With that said, you do you, and choose a major YOU want to pursue. I get you want to serve but choose a major you’ll like and one that can set you up long term (think: post - Navy career).