• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Letter Of Permission?

Fire17

I am looking for some NROTC advice here

I currently attend University of Maryland University College, UMUC does not have a Navy ROTC program but they have an agreement with University of Maryland College Park for AROTC and AFROTC. I was told that if I get a Letter of Permission (LOP) from the head of the NROTC program at George Washington University, I would be able to attend UMUC and attend the GWU for my navel science and ROTC classes. Has anyone been through this process?

In regards to my major, currently I am working on my B.S. Cyber Security. I didn’t see this on the list of Navy tired majors, would I have to change my major? Or could I continue with Cyber Security?

I am in the process of filling out my NROTC scholarship application but I am finding that it is geared more for high school seniors. Is there another application that is focused towards transfer students? I graduated high school in 2010 and have earned a certificate from my local community college before transferring to UMUC this past summer. I have also been working full time and have earned almost four years of federal service that I would like to be able to put on my NROTC application

A final question, the application wants me to list my SAT scores, it has been almost four years since I have taken my SAT’s and I don’t remember my scores let alone the dates I took the test. I have looked on the college board website and I have not been able to find where I can see my past scores… they have changed the GUI since the last time I logged on. Any advice on how to get my past scores? Is there a way I can do NROTC without having to submit my SAT’s?

My options are NROTC, OCS, or BDCP, and from what I understand the BDCP is currently closed (still waiting on a call back from the OR)

Thanks for your help

BackOrdered

Contributor
I will say that Information Assurance is BIG money in the civilian sector now and VERY Navy relevant. I suggest keeping your major regardless.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Information Assurance: enforce hard passwords, disable auto-executing media, disable anything but approved programs on computers.

There, I just saved you $5 billion and having to use NMCI.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Information Assurance: enforce hard passwords, disable auto-executing media, disable anything but approved programs on computers.

You laugh, but with the right certs, ALL of places will hire him.

Renegade One

None

"... you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin' education you coulda got for a dollah fifty in late chahges at the public library." ~Good Will Hunting

BackOrdered

Contributor

Haters gonna hate.

Network security is, by far, the easiest job ever to be made difficult, with constantly evolving harmful software. Nevertheless, every company and corporation needs it and everyone of them pay good money for it.

Fire17

Well it turns out im ineligible for NROTC because I have above 30 credit hours. OCS for me!

johnritenour@co

NROTC Is the best path to a commission in the Navy, IMHO. In my unit, everyone got their first choice. We were a small unit, but we also had the advantage of graduating in April - beat the flood of USNA & other units. You are pretty much a regular college student - as a male perhaps your hair is shorter than others - and you best not partake of illegal and/or illicit substances. Also good personal hygiene is a definite must (although I would say this applies to everyone, regardless of what your plans are).

Renegade One

None
NROTC Is the best path to a commission in the Navy, IMHO.... we also had the advantage of graduating in April - beat the flood of USNA & other units.
So...all the OCS grads in the previous 26 weeks (52 weeks in the case of the USNA types) are senior to all of you, yes?;)