• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS NROTC getting more flexible/easier?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm in this case and I would say I needed the meds while I was a kid. That being said the fact I got a waiver is nothing short of a miracle. I'll tell my story to anyone who asks (and I basically found every damn loophole there is to make it), but I always caveat it that I shouldn't be used as precedent. Knowing what I know about the military as a LT I'm amazed that my 17/18 year old high school senior/ROTC freshman midshipman self made this happen.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
U.S. public schools should cut back on some less useful classes and spend time in grades 9-12 teaching about our government, eligibility for federal service careers (incl. armed services) and the physical, moral, medical, etc. requirements.

For example, no one told me about the Selective Service System and I damn near missed the cutoff age by the time I'd finally heard about it and registered.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Tell me of these "less useful classes" that can be cut. I'm sure administrators would love to hear where they can make operational efficiency gains.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Tell me of these "less useful classes" that can be cut. I'm sure administrators would love to hear where they can make operational efficiency gains.

Privatize schools! The corporations will have to compete and market forces will ensure our future generation has the best education. Lifelong public servants are a cancer.

Am I doing this right?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
"Class" as in an hour long block of time here or there, not recommending we cut a whole semester's worth of 5X per week classes in a school subject.

For example, I remember watching the entirety of Deliverance, Star Wars IV A New Hope, Koyaanisqatsi, and the old cartoon version of The Hobbit in various English classes in middle and high school. We'd get through about 40 minutes then roll the rest of the film over to the next class.

Inefficient use of classroom time. Tell kids to rent that VHS and watch it on the weekend. Tell kids about Selective Service registration, various gov't jobs, various private sector jobs, how to vote, how to pay your taxes, etc.

P.S. Manon Des Sources in French class however... that was a keeper.

Last edited: