• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC, does it matter where I go to college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Fowler

Whats up everyone, I'll be starting NROTC next year and hopefully going into aviation. My question is, how much will where I go to college affect my chances at getting an aviation slot?? I'm probably going to go either to Tulane or Boston College (taking NROTC classes at BU), I'm leaning strongly towards BC but Tulane's NROTC unit has a great reputation (I'm still going to apply to Virginia and Northwestern, and waiting to hear back from Georgetown but I've already been accepted to these 2 schools and will probably end up going to one of them). Would going to Tulane help me a lot in the Navy, or does it not matter so much??

Also, can I take a non-math-heavy courseload in college and still have a good chance at an aviation slot? I'm good at math but don't enjoy it very much and I'm much better at history and languages. I've heard it helps to major in a math or science courses, but would I be able to get away with majoring in something I want to (International Relations or History) and minoring in a math/science course?? Do I even have to minor in something to do with math, as long as I get good grades in the math/science courses I do take?? Also, when the Navy ranks you to get your commission in a certain area, do they rank based only on Naval Science courses, on all your courses, on other stuff, etc??

Any help is appreciated, look forward to serving with everyone in the future.

Thanks,
Alex

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"-U2

Status
Not open for further replies.