• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Chances (Here We Go Again)

JackJ1524

Hi everyone I just submitted my application for the 4-year NROTC scholarship. I know there are a ton of these questions out there but I had a couple of other questions about this year's board.

SAT:1320 (680 English 640 Math)
ACT:30 (29 English 27 Math)
GPA: 4.14
Class Rank 137/343
Intended major: Aeronautical Engineering

Varsity football 3 years and baseball freshman sophomore. Member of NHS and Science NHS. President of Model United Nations club. Co founder/ president of a club founded to help out kids interested in a military career (pt, applications etc). Member of science olypiad club. Went to a military leadership camp at Norwitch U two years ago and got selected for promotion this year and returned as a Corporal. Tons of community service (interviewer told me it we the most she had ever seen on an application)

Some questions I had other than "what are my chances" are...

1.) Is my SAT competitive enough?
2.) is it true that they are lowering the # of 4 year scholarships in favor of 2/3 year scholarships for midshipmen who have proven themselves?

(Also trying to apply to the academy)

Thank you all you knowlagable people for your help and advice!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Did you ask these questions to the NROTC coordinator and/or interviewer?

Reason being the former and maybe the latter has the most up to date information.

Meow

pilot
I don't like commenting on a student's "competitiveness." I feel that very few people on this board (including current NROTC instructors like myself) have any deep insight as to whether your 1320 is competitive or not. The scholarship board looks at so much more, and so many other factors come into play. I can tell you the SAT scores of my current class of scholarship recipients, but I don't think that really helps you.

Look, just do the best you can. You mentioned you're applying to USNA, so it looks like you're pursing every path towards earning a commission - that's great. If you think you can do better on the SAT or ACT then take it again. If not, just keep being a good dude, stay involved in school and your community, and let the things you can't control work themselves out.

On your second question, you are absolutely correct. The scholarship folks have already lowered the number of 4 year scholarships in favor of 3 and 2 year. I believe last year was the first year group that this affected. Also, they increased the minimum required GPA from a 2.0 to a 2.5.