• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Admissions Question

Mac Gordon

Music on.
First of all, apologies if this is a topic that has come up before. If you have the link to the thread, it'd be appreciated.

Second, some background, I am applying for an NROTC scholarship. My online application package was submitted in late August.

I read on the Navy's recruiting website that they do not consider you for a scholarship until you have applied to at least three of the schools you listed, but I have heard contradictory reports from other websites and scholarship recipients. My question is whether or not one needs to apply to three schools before one can be considered for an NROTC scholarship.

Thanks for your time.

Renegade One

None
My question is whether or not one needs to apply to three schools before one can be considered for an NROTC scholarship.

Thanks for your time.
You'll get "the straight skinny" from other folks shortly...cuz I don't know.

That said...unless the cost of application is onerous, why not hedge your bet and just apply to the three of your choosing?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, if you don't apply to the schools you list on your scholarship application, you won't get accepted to somewhere with an NROTC program. Even if they gave you the scholarship, you wouldn't be able to use it since you didn't get accepted to the schools. The processes are separate and getting accepted to a school does not guarantee you'll get accepted for the scholarship and vice versa. When I was a senior, for example, the CO of my NROTC unit said for the class incoming after I graduated, the Navy awarded somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 scholarships for Vanderbilt NROTC, but Vanderbilt only accepted about 10-15 of them to the school.