• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
Hi All,

I am an OCS applicant who has already completed her flight physical. I am waiting for a determination on a waiver; however, I've been told by my flight surgeon that it could take up to 10 months. I should have a PRO REC Y at minimum before then, if not a FINSEL.

My recruiter told me that if NAMI doesn't reply before OCS, I will still go and if I'm NPQ'd from NFO while I'm there, I'll be redesignated. However, if they disqualify me before OCS, I will have to re-apply for another job all over again.

My question is this:

If I get the NAMI whammy before OCS but AFTER I've sworn in, am I still left empty handed and to apply all over again? Or at that point can I just be redesignated as well and go forth to OCS? Recruiter isn't sure.

Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

If you are PQ from N3M then you are ready for OCS, should you get NPQ'd in OCS then you will have an opportunity to redesignate (probably SWO) or go home.

If NAMI comes back and says "no" then you are no longer qualified to go to OCS for the designator you were selected and you would need to re-apply, since you are not in the USN you are not able to redesignate without going to a new board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You shouldn't have even done a NAMI physical until you're at OCS. It's frowned upon because NAMI is wasting money on someone who might not even get PROREC'd and your OR can even get in trouble for it.

If you have a PQ N3M letter that's all you need to get into OCS.

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
If you are PQ from N3M then you are ready for OCS, should you get NPQ'd in OCS then you will have an opportunity to redesignate (probably SWO) or go home.

If NAMI comes back and says "no" then you are no longer qualified to go to OCS for the designator you were selected and you would need to re-apply, since you are not in the USN you are not able to redesignate without going to a new board.

Got it, thank you. To piggy back off that- if I have a pro-rec Y from aviation board but no FINSEL, and I'm still waiting on NAMI, am I able to apply to another board separately and potentially have it as a back up?

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
You shouldn't have even done a NAMI physical until you're at OCS. It's frowned upon because NAMI is wasting money on someone who might not even get PROREC'd and your OR can even get in trouble for it.

If you have a PQ N3M letter that's all you need to get into OCS.

I was unaware; I'm guessing so were the two recruiters I've worked with who allowed me to get my flight physical.