• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov 25 ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob

I haven't been on the site in a while, but I've noticed alot of people are starting in November. I'm arriving in P'cola saturday November 24th. Anyone else who might be starting that weekend?

Abelian

Actually, would you happen to know the day we'll graduate from that class? I've only been verbally told of the start date and haven't received a letter yet. I did some calculations, and ended up with March 9th, which happens to be my birthday. Naturally, I'm hoping I'm right. :)

rob

I figured the 8th of March, graduation is usually on a Friday(unless that's changed). I was told we don't have to report until the morning of the 25th, so I'll be getting into P'cola saturday night. We should meet somewhere for a beer.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Check out the NOV-DEC OCS class forum for some important info.

Dave

magnum

EODDAVE-

Hey just curious-you were EOD right? Why did you select aviation over SPEC OPS? Did you have the opportunity to go to airborne school? Do spec ops(EOD) get the opportunity to attend military freefall(HALO) school? Just curious to know-that was a community I considered before I selected aviation.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Magnum,

No I didnt go to airborne school. I went in in 1988 and got out in 1993. At that particular time, Navy EOD stopped sending people to jump school due to a particular accident down in Rosie Roads. We did water insert stuff,(helo's 10 4 10's and such). Spec ops started sending people back to jump school in Oct 92 and now the SPec OPs community can go to Basic, HALO and HAHO. I did think about returning to Spec ops, however, it has changed since I was in. I was at MU4 in Key West, Marine Mammal Systems (what a life)and I still have a bunch of friends that are still at MU3 and MU2 and they say its way different now. Alot of backstabbing and such. Sorta if I make you look bad then I'll look good shit. THe Commodore of Group 2 actually was the one that talked me into comming back in the navy. I am so glad I did and even happier that I got a SNA slot. Spec Ops is also way undermanned now. So half the people are doing twice the work.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.