• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

'nother question

thull

quick question - and don't tell me to do a thread search please. got my app going in to a selection board day after tomorrow. I'm wondering if there is a different wait time to be notified if you get axed right off the bat? IF for some reason they say - this guy, no way. is there some reason I'd have to wait until september to get the news? i can see waiting for news of selection, maybe further consideration, checking up on stuff, etc. but non selection- that should be a no brainer - phone call or email, and DONE.

info please... thanks,

t

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
quick question - and don't tell me to do a thread search please. got my app going in to a selection board day after tomorrow. I'm wondering if there is a different wait time to be notified if you get axed right off the bat? IF for some reason they say - this guy, no way. is there some reason I'd have to wait until september to get the news? i can see waiting for news of selection, maybe further consideration, checking up on stuff, etc. but non selection- that should be a no brainer - phone call or email, and DONE.

info please... thanks,

t
This is just a guess on my part, but I would think all selectees and non-selectees would be notified at the same time. I don't see why the board would take time out of their day to notify those guys that they know right away don't make the cut. September is really not that far off anyway.

pdx

HSM Pilot
The board's decision are all announced at the same time. The board itself does not really take very long to decide, but there is a waiting period while the decisions are QA'ed by the chain of command.

The only possible way you would be nontified of non-selection early is if you have a pending waiver that is denied before the board meets. In this case, your app won't go before the board.

Your recruiter will be the one to call you with the news, be it good or bad.

thull

Makes sense. at least now I don't have to wonder about weather or not I will be wondering.. :)

Thanks again,

Troy

SuperStallionIP

Large Steel
pilot

info please... thanks,

t

Generally they like to keep you on your toes and wondering. It's part of the harassment package and good training for the fog of war. Also it is very similar to the fleet, where half the time nobody knows what is going on anyway.

jmiller82

Thull,

Another way (if I read your question right) that you can be immediately dismissed is if your recruiter or OPO decides to "Field Reject" you. It's very difficult to do, and usually only done when the app is a complete nutcase (as I understood) and won't give up. It essentially disqualifies the app from ever pursuing a commission, but also involves alot of spotlight on the recruiter/NRD's actions, policies, etc., so it is hardly ever used..