• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledave

I am debating on whether I should retake the ASTB. When I took the test for the first time I recieved scores of; 6, 7, 7, 49. I applied recently for SNA, SNFO, and SWO with these scores but was a non-select. Does anyone have an idea of what is competitive to the selection board? Should I retest ASAP? Any opinions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I would if I were you. 6's and 7's seem to be around what most people score (I don't know about the OAR score since I'm going Marines). While I don't know what your other stats are, if somebody had the same stats as you did, all that could seperate you are the ASTB scores.

uncledave

wildflyin69,
Thanks for responding. I will take the test again within a month or so. If I get worse scores than I did the first time, I will consider it all your fault! I am just kidding! Thanks for the advice.

Daedalus

If you take it again and score lower your lower scores will count. The tests are slightly different, and there is a rumor that you can now only take the test twice. Take this into consideration.

uncledave

Daedalus,
Thank you for the response but I would like to ask you where this rumor of only 2 retakes came from. Can you verify this from a credible source? I asked my recruiter about it today and he said that he never heard any change of current ASTB regulations on retakes.

Daedalus

I heard it from other posts here, check in "ASTB", I have no official source. I think your scores are pretty good, I would keep them if I were you, It was probably bad timing that kept you out. Either way, good luck.

hoorah2death

I heard it from my recruiter, he said that people found a way to cheat or get better at the test if taken more than twice. If you have to take it a third time though you might have to take it like 6 months later, dont quote me on that, but your scores arent to bad, I got a 7 6 7 52 and got in, it depends on what your other scores are, and trust me I did pretty ****ty on my PFT, got sick the night before. Also the gouge really helped me on form 1 for me. SO make sure you study that if you retake it. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.