• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

North Texas Reserve Community

XeroJaeger

Howdy all - (an appropriate introduction, I know)

I'm in search of some DFW Intel Reservists to bounce some questions off of, if there are any lurking around. I transferred from SELRES to IRR back in 20...14 (maybe?) for a bunch of family oriented reasons and haven't touched much of the Navy life since. That said, I'm leaving a lot of opportunity and service on the table and that doesn't sit right. Problem is, I'm going to need a little help with some direction and points of contact for a potential step back in.

Any folks around that operate in the area?

Thanks,
M

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Howdy all - (an appropriate introduction, I know)

I'm in search of some DFW Intel Reservists to bounce some questions off of, if there are any lurking around. I transferred from SELRES to IRR back in 20...14 (maybe?) for a bunch of family oriented reasons and haven't touched much of the Navy life since. That said, I'm leaving a lot of opportunity and service on the table and that doesn't sit right. Problem is, I'm going to need a little help with some direction and points of contact for a potential step back in.

Any folks around that operate in the area?

Thanks,
M

Best bet would be to reach out to the local NAVET OR in the DFW area.

XeroJaeger

Best bet would be to reach out to the local NAVET OR in the DFW area.

Hey man, thanks. Is there a way to identify NAVET recruiters from non-NAVET? I'm looking around my home and there's a recruiter just down the road, but I don't want to potentially waste his (or her) and my time at the wrong place. Google didn't provide a lot of clarity.

XeroJaeger

How many years do you have? Keep doing classes in the IRR so you're getting good years. It's very possible...a lot of info in this thread.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/correspondence-course-review.37833/

Sam - much obliged. In truth one of the big problems for me is my knowledge base re: SELRES/IRR. Long story. I have not touched a single class since 2014 because I went full slack-jaw (never do that). I don't even have a CAC reader anymore (again, don't do that, either). My actual time in service active and SELRES combined was 6 years. If you count the IRR, 9.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Sam - much obliged. In truth one of the big problems for me is my knowledge base re: SELRES/IRR. Long story. I have not touched a single class since 2014 because I went full slack-jaw (never do that). I don't even have a CAC reader anymore (again, don't do that, either). My actual time in service active and SELRES combined was 6 years. If you count the IRR, 9.

That's okay...get back on the horse. You don't need a CAC to do courses...lots of info here:

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/irr-courses-in-a-cac-only-world.41224/

chrispaul

NFO
None
XeroJaeger, I am a very recently reappointed NAVET in DFW. I used my old Navy network and found the NAVET recruiter that works specifically on these cases at CRNC in Millington. The LTJG that is currently in this role is great and I figure going to him cuts out the middleman recruiter. Reach out to:

Officer NAVET Accessions
Commander Navy Recruiting Command, N319
5722 Integrity Drive Bldg. 784
Millington, TN 38054-5045
Desk: 901-874-7674