• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No NJROTC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heerothewizard

My HS has no NJROTC. Is there anything I can do?? None of the schools in the district do-but the school gives one of the best educations in the state, and all my friends are going there-so I don't really want to switch schools (I'm not sure if I could anyway).

What can I do about it? Or are there other options that I can do instead??

thanx ^_^

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

dufault.2

heerothewizard
I was in the Civil Air patrol for 3 years before I entered the US Army Reserves and the experience it gave me was EXTREMELY helpful. You can learn the basics of the military (i.e. rank structure, drill, uniform apperance, etc...), as well as other cool stuff. My CAP squardon sent me to National Flight Encampment, where I got to log in hours flying a Cessna 172 my junior year of high school. I put down my CAP time in my Navy OCS packet, and have been accepted as a SNA. I'm sure my CAP experience was somewhat helpful in getting my packet through the board. I don't know a thing about the Sea Cadets, unfortunately.
If you do try the CAP route, let me know how it goes. If you have any questions you can't find answers for on the website, feel free to shoot them to me and I'll help if I can.

chccurd

I'm currently a Sea Cadet and I love the program. When I joined, I knew that I would have time for either Sea Cadets or CAP, so I had to see what both offered. Sea Cadets offered more for me because I wanted to be a naval aviator and they have a lot more hands on training in the summer. Although the regular drill schedule is kind of boring, the summer trainings are awesome. I've had some of the best times of my life on those trainings. I'd look at both programs, and go to a drill for each one in your area. If you want to, PM or email me at c_curd@sbcglobal.net and I'll help you find a Sea Cadet unit in your area. Also, our website is www.seacadets.org, but it doesn't help that much, so I'd talk to someone in your area. Hope that helps!
-Chris

chccurd

Hey heerothewizard, I just looked at your profile and you live in my area! I live in Sunnyvale. If you want, I can send you some more info via email and set up a meeting with my squadron. Shoot me an email or PM me if you're interested. Yeah, not much of our schools have NJROTC in our area. I think theres only a couple in the Bay Area. By the way, which high school do you go to?
-Chris

heerothewizard

Is there anybody else in the Sunnyvale/Mntn View/Palo Alto/Menlo Park-ish area on AW that's in the Sea Scout Unit at Moffit Field? If so, post here! ^_^
Thanx

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.