• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No Marine Corps 2 or 3 year NROTC scholarships?!

Robbie

Okay. I just read that there is no 2 or 3 year scholarship option for Marine Corps.

http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/scholarships.aspx

^its says that if you are already in ROTC without a scholarship you can NOT apply for a 2 or 3 year Marine Corps scholarship. Why is that? I want to become a fighter pilot in the Marine Corps (I am okay with flying whatever they give me), but if I can not get a 4 year scholarship out of high school am i screwed? I am a sophomore in high school. Please provide me with any information you have. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The USMC ROTC scholarship money is tight. Most Marine Option students selected for 2-3 year scholarships were previous on a Navy ROTC scholarship. The Navy would convert it over to a Marine Corps scholarship. There were very few Marine Option students that applied for 2-3 year scholarships... PLC and Advanced Standing are still available programs for getting a USMC commission.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where are you planning to go to school? Try calling (or visiting) the NROTC unit and ask them those questions. They may be able to provide some insight.

Robbie

I have quiet a few choices of where I would like to go with a ROTC scholarship. Here are some:

San Diego State University
University of Colorado Boulder
Auburn University
University of Arizona
Florida A&M University
Boston University
University of Mississippi
Ohio State University
Oregon State University
University of Washington

Once I look through the majors I will be able to knock out a few schools. I will try to contact as many of the units as I can. Thanks for your time.