• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NMCI FlankSpeed Email Access

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does somebody have a current link to the Flank Speed version of NMCI email? CAC access is fine, but OWA doesn't work from home, apparently.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks. Apparently my link worked, I just didn't realize you had to manually log in with the email address...like some sort of primitive cave man.

Meyerkord

pilot
Not sure about you guys, but I haven’t heard a single good thing that’s come from Flankspeed so far. The NMCI gods are randomly picking people in my squadron to swap over (without telling them) and not giving them any guidance. No help desk or anything.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Not sure about you guys, but I haven’t heard a single good thing that’s come from Flankspeed so far. The NMCI gods are randomly picking people in my squadron to swap over (without telling them) and not giving them any guidance. No help desk or anything.
Are you reserves?
We were given automated warning emails prior to getting migrated, with instructions and specifics about whether we were getting fully flanked or keeping legacy email for a bit.

There's a quick start PDF out there that says how to switch email over and access the new stuff.

Overall, flank speed has been awesome, with the major issue being not everyone is migrated on email yet, and the migrations seemed to grind to a halt a few months ago.

Meyerkord

pilot
Are you reserves?
We were given automated warning emails prior to getting migrated, with instructions and specifics about whether we were getting fully flanked or keeping legacy email for a bit.

There's a quick start PDF out there that says how to switch email over and access the new stuff.

Overall, flank speed has been awesome, with the major issue being not everyone is migrated on email yet, and the migrations seemed to grind to a halt a few months ago.
Huh, interesting. I'm AD and the people who have been migrated seem to be troubleshooting in the dark. I haven't been swapped over yet but the other squadron mates are having some real issues. Any gouge on where to find the quick start guide? Is that part of the email?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Almost our entire squadron switched over 9 months ago. Your ITs should have been disseminating information a long time ago. I have had no issues migrating over with the instructions on the flank speed portal and extras provided by our ITs in regards to OWA and outlook.

That being said, NMCI is still hot garbage and it routinely takes over 1.5 hrs to log in, and open SHARP. Once they went from desktops to laptops, and they self installed all the enterprise sh*t running in the background its been borderline unworkable.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

FlankSpeed has the potential to be awesome if you have your own machine and/or you're big into the 365 world. But for a huge portion of the fleet who shares computers, it has added additional overhead of basic admin, and that admin is expected to be done by the end user. One big issue is if you convert on one computer, you still have to reconfigure Outlook on every other computer you log into in order to get your crypto to work (ie, be able to send emails).

There's even further confusion with the email identities. Everyone is told they now have a new us.navy.mil email, but they're old email is actually still how the system identifies you, which again, causes confusion for the end user. I'm not really sure what was accomplished by changing the domains other than some DoD alignment, although I did get rid of the stupid "1" at the end of my name. If I was "1", then did I really need a "1"?

I'm also amused that you don't always need CAC now, but I have no idea what my NMCI password is. I don't ever recall entering one. Maybe when I SpankFled, but again, it wasn't clear I needed to know that.