• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Niobc question

klaff411

Hey yall, whats the living situation for school down in dam neck? Do they let us geobachelor down there if our dependents are at another location? Are we forced to find housing for 5-6 m of school?

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey yall, whats the living situation for school down in dam neck? Do they let us geobachelor down there if our dependents are at another location? Are we forced to find housing for 5-6 m of school?

Thanks!

Ask your sponsor? Chain of command? We don’t really know your situation more than they do.

klaff411

Ask your sponsor? Chain of command? We don’t really know your situation more than they do.
I am not checking in there for PCS. I wish. That would be straightforward. Its for school, and coming from OCS, the information was basically non-existent. Just trying to see if anyone had attended the school who knew anything about the living situation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Thanks!
Do you have your orders yet? A lot of that should be spelled out there. If you can't find any answers here, I'd call the NIOBC schoolhouse and talk to the folks in Admin.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am not checking in there for PCS. I wish. That would be straightforward. Its for school, and coming from OCS, the information was basically non-existent. Just trying to see if anyone had attended the school who knew anything about the living situation.

Are you OHARP right now? Or have you not even attend OCS yet?

Kayeshorter

I don't think it is treated as an I-stop, because you don't get follow-on orders until 2/3 of the way through NIOBC. It was a PCS move. My NIOBC class a number of years ago got BAH and were expected to find apartments out in town. Not sure what has changed since then, but from what I've heard they made the school 30 days longer by adding a intro to the IWC component, so I am guessing that it is still the same.

AULANI

Read this thread.