• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how computer literate does an NFO need to be? I'm not exactly a "computer geek", but I was wondering if there was some correlation between how computer literate a SNFO is and how succesful he is in the pipeline, particularly the strike pipeline.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No need to be a computer geek. First, they teach you what you need to know. All you need is the apptitude. Secondly, the computers in modern aircraft enable us to do fantastic things with weapons and surveillance, but to the operator (NFO), there is a limited interface. An NFO is more concerned about how to employ the weapon system tacticly then he is in how the computers associated with the weapon system perform. Don't worry. If you can log on and navigate this forum, you will likely do fine.

Jold

bouncy_125.gif
Wink! Come now, you imply this site is difficult to log onto and navigate!! LOL

Just joking. A wonderful forum, in a large part to contributors like you. Informative, friendly and well managed. Every so often a troll appears, but 99.9% sincere.

Well, actually best forum i have yet seen on the web, including the five/six that i was webmaster.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the nice words. It may not be hard to log on to this sight. But due to advancing years it took me months to change my title and I still haven't figured out how to use to bouncy green things or put a picture up as part of my title. I'm proof positive you don't have to know computers well to be a NFO.

sailorgloom

Originally posted by james
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how computer literate does an NFO need to be?

If you're an officer, you need to know how to use email, Word, and Powerpoint. Maybe even Excel from time to time. Also, knowledge of the location of the "Any Key" is mandatory and on the test.

Check out www.navylearning.com for the online IT courses. It's one of our benefits and counts toward retirement points.

-SG

Meridiani

Also, knowledge of the location of the "Any Key" is mandatory and on the test.

That's a good one!
smgreen_125.gif

BTW wink, if you actually have a desire to use the little smilie icons, all you have to do is click the "Reply to Topic" button on the bottom of the thread. When you reply using this method, rather than via the quick reply at the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of smilies to choose from. It's a veritable smorgasbord of emoticons. It's apparent that I myself am WAAAYYY too fond of them.
tongue_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.