• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO with new IFS requirements in P'cola

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
Is IFS guaranteed to NFOs? I know that the requirement changed to everyone completing IFS in P'cola. Can any new NFOs give me some info on IFS in P'cola?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
IFS is still a go fir SNFO's.

You'll so it at either P-Cola Regional, Eglin AFB or Destin FL (Destin & Eglin are a bit of a hike). There may be a few other locations, but those are the three that my group was split between. The IFS people down here will tell you which school you'll go to.

IFS is about a week of ground school followed by about 12-14 hours of flying. You'll fly left seat for the first half (sorta like contacts in primary) and right seat the second half.

You'll learn the very basics of flying and navigating.

In the end, IFS is nothing more than a demo of Hey, this is an airplane. If it goes fast enough, it'll fly, etc. etc... Nothing to worry about. All you gotta do is pay attention when the istructor says "push the yoke forward, housed get bigger. Pull it back, houses get smaller... until you stall and then they get bigger again"