• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO vs Intel - Sea/Shore Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD

I've seen all the Pilot or NFO post, but my question has a little twist.

I'm past the age requirement for pilot, so that's off the table. I was only looking at Intel until I read the latest requirements for NFO and read some of wink's posts about what a blast he had as NFO. I've also read that Pilot/NFO Officers are forward deployed quite a bit.

My question is, are NFO forward deployed/out to sea more often than other communities? Or will it be about the same for Intel. I understand the enlisted sea/shore rotation (prior active duty and currently in the reserves), but what type of rotation or sea/shore tours do officers see?

Thanks,
blindfold_125.gif

mbeaser

On BUPERS website under instructions the officer transfer manual will have sea/shore for every designator.

JKD

Thanks for the push in the right direction. Here is the link for anyone else.
http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_cd/BUPERS/OFFXFER/Offxfer.pdf

kevin

depends on which holiday youre near....in other words it depends on timing. you can read alot about this if you look around this site. but just a quick idea....about a year ago, the air force was taking anybody with a pulse into pilot training. now you hardly have a snowball's chance in hell unless you have a private license to start with. ang slots with the air force have always been very difficult (and very political) and always will be (roughly 1 in 150 selected per fw unit). navy has been very selective as of late and is apparently closed at this time for sna. marines are taking tons of pilots right now. luftwaffe is still taking applications but you have to demonstrate extreme hatred for all "outsiders".

Status
Not open for further replies.